Motherhood


Sunday was Mother's Day... my very first ever... my time to reflect on the wonder of being part of the perpetual miracle of life... my time to treasure the warm little body that clings and flings and wriggles in my arms as I try to kiss his sweet, sticky face.  I am now part of a collective body of souls united by the simple, yet incredible act of mothering.  We are an army of sorts - we are protecting a city of angels from the ravages of an uncertain world - determined to preserve their white feathery wings and their glowing halos so that their little cherub faces can turn forever towards the light and know peace.

I was loved and hugged and showered with kisses but what my little boy may never understand is that he alone is the gift.

My love to mothers everywhere

x

Image from here 
Share on :
Motherhood
Motherhood
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5