TRAVELING LIGHT

I used to hate traveling when the kids were tiny. It wasn't the kids, it was the paraphanalia that went along with them! Once we got past that stage, I became something of a fanatic about traveling light. No hair dryers or curling irons for me! It was one purse, one dress shoe, one casual, and absolutely everything had to fit in one carry-on bag, or one small rolling duffle if it was for more than a few days. However, when packing for this trip to Dallas, it became painfully obvious that I have entered a new stage of traveling, and I'm not happy about it. Not one tiny bit!

First it was my special pillow. I got a pinched nerve in my neck a few years back, while working at the nursery, and the physical therapist made me start sleeping on one of those Tempurpedic thingies. It was the pits trying to get used to it, but now that I have, I can't sleep on anything else. So now I get to haul it with me wherever I go. Then there's this special tube I have to do exercises on if it starts acting up. I usually don't need it, but if I'm traveling by car, I toss it in - just to be safe. Lately I've started having a bit of reflux, and since I really don't want to start taking any meds unless I absolutely have to, I broke down and bought one of those wedge shaped pillows that elevates your upper body. Then of course, their was my little cooler filled with yogurt to keep you regular, and my oatmeal, and tea, and... OMG! I've turned into my mother!
Share on :
TRAVELING LIGHT
TRAVELING LIGHT
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5