COLOR-MAD MONDAY



Woohoo, we're closing in on September! Of course, it's still gonna be hotter'n Hades when it gets here, but at least in September, there's a chance of some cool air or moisture blowing through. I'm heading off to Dallas for a bit - sister #2 just had another knee surgery, and could use some company while she recuperates. I'll be checking in with you from there, but for now, I'll leave you with this photo involving two of my very favorite bullet-proof summer plants, which I took snippets from to fill my little ironstone jug. One is the lovely coral shade of Profusion Zinnia which, unlike regular zinnias, doesn't succumb to mold or whatever in our hot, humid Texas summers. Zinnia linearis is a good one too. The other plant is one I love for its black foliage color, which provides such a nice contrast in a bed or container full of green. It's an ornamental pepper plant called Black Pearl. Well, I suppose you could actually eat the peppers, but I hear they would knock your socks off.

My brother-in-law's birthday just happens to be today, and since Sis is laid up, I thought I'd surprise him with something yummy when I arrive this afternoon, made from those Bountiful Sprout peaches I froze when they were in season. Sooo, guess I'd best get to bakin' and packin', if I want to get to Dallas while it's still his birthday. See ya!
Share on :
COLOR-MAD MONDAY
COLOR-MAD MONDAY
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5