I'VE BEEN A BAD, BAD GIRL






I knew better than to step foot in that garden center, but I just couldn't help myself! You see, Lex and I went 'splorin' in Austin yesterday.

She's been wanting to learn to sew for ages, using that old Singer

that she got from John's mother Theda. I used to sew all the time (put myself through UT working at fabric stores, and majored in Clothing & Textiles) but haven't done so in years. Besides, I have no gift when it comes to teaching, and don't know anything about that particular machine. Plus,

since I haven't kept up with this skill, there are probably tons of new products and techniques that I don't know anything about. Sooo, I figured Lex would be a lot better off if she could find a young, hip teacher. And she did - a bunch of them!

While she was at her new knitting group one evening, she brought the subject up, and that's how we ended up at Stitch Lab yesterday. Oh. My. Word. What a fantastic place. Now I want to take sewing classes too! Of course, it doesn't hurt that it's housed in a precious little arts and crafts bungalow down on S. 1st street, practically right across the street from that Trailer Park Eatery and Torchy's Tacos (which I told you about here) so that having lunch there was the only sensible thing to do. Right?

No, the only downside is that cool, cool nursery right around the corner - the one called Great Outdoors. I knew better than to allow even my pinkie toe to cross their threshold in the month of August. I knew that yesterday morning's delicious temperatures were just a fluke, and that we could be back into triple digits in the blink of an eye, but did that stop me? Nooo-ooo! Now I'm stuck with a porch-full of plants that will have to be babied and coddled until fall arrives for real!
Share on :
I'VE BEEN A BAD, BAD GIRL
I'VE BEEN A BAD, BAD GIRL
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5