WATER, WATER, EVERYWHERE...BUT HERE

Yes, I realize these teapots are only marginally related to our water topic, but they were just so darn cuh-yoot!
I heard some depressing news the other day.  Well, actually I overheard some really good news first.  I heard a lady saying this was going to be an El Nino year, which meant we'd be getting plenty of rain this fall.  Too bad she didn't know what the heck she was talking about!  She got me all excited, only to have my hopes dashed a day or two later when I discovered we are actually heading into another La Nina year, which means more water for those who are drowning, and nothing for us.  Since we are already experiencing extreme drought conditions, and have been for some time now, this pretty much ensures that this "dry spell" that started over a year ago is fixin' to win the title of "Worst drought to date in the recorded history of Texas."

Here my friends and I have gone to all the trouble to create something as wonderful as The Bountiful Sprout, so we can help our local farmers earn a decent living, only to have them all run out of business by drought.  It just isn't fair -- especially when everywhere else is being inundated with water!  There oughta be a way to lasso some of those clouds and haul them down to us.  Or, at the very least, you'd think my genius brother and his fellow aerospace engineers, whose jobs are hanging by a thread, and some of my hubby's fellow engineers in the oil and gas industry, could put their heads together and design a humongous water catchment system, kinda like what we have right here at our house -- one that could take the overflow from the areas that are most prone to flooding, and carry it to places like Arizona and Texas.  Easy-Peasy, right?  I mean, for pity's sake!  They put men on the moon and built the Alaskan pipeline, didn't they?  How hard could it be?
Share on :
WATER, WATER, EVERYWHERE...BUT HERE
WATER, WATER, EVERYWHERE...BUT HERE
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5