TRY, TRY AGAIN






Fall in the Cantina Garden was pretty much a total bust. The few lettuces I planted from 4" pots did ok, there just weren't enough of them. The ones I planted from seed came up right on time, got to thinning size just fine, and then just sorta pooped out on me. They're still alive, they just never got to eatin' size. Not sure if it was all the dips down into the 20's, or if it's because that bed closest to the house just doesn't get enough sun in the winter. Too bad, if that's the case, seeing as how it's the only bed the deer don't usually mess with! They tromped all over my beets and carrots in the middle bed, as they leaned down to pop each of my Chinese cabbages out of the front bed, then they used the strawberry patch as a runway for take-off when I caught them in the act and bellowed "You woodchucks quit chuckin' my wood!"

So, for all the time, effort and money I invested this season, what did I get? One dinner salad, a scrawny leek to go in my mac & cheese last night, and the possibility of a few shallots and some asparagus come spring. What am I going to do about it? Try, try again!
Share on :
TRY, TRY AGAIN
TRY, TRY AGAIN
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5