NAIL-BITING TIME


Well, today's the day -- the day when hubby hands over the keys to our Houston townhouse, and walks away for good. I think we will both miss it a bit -- especially the wonderful next-door neighbor that came with it, and a few great restaurants that were nearby -- but it's time to be movin' on. I just pray that my hubby's partner won't make it any more difficult than it has to be.

I'm a little bit nervous, you see. Dear Hubby had originally told me he'd be here by 1:00, but last night I got a message saying "Never mind." It seems his partner T. has called for an 11:00 meeting today, to discuss my hubby's "retirement, or semi-retirement, or whatever", so it will probably be closer to 4 or 5 when he gets here.

Every team needs an idea person, and that would be T. He's a genius at coming up with ideas. But every team also needs someone who's good at working with people -- who's a workhorse when it comes to implementation and follow-through. That would be my hubby. From the day they formed this partnership, T. has known that John planned to retire and move to Wimberley within a few years. We're just not sure he ever really believed it. This past week John has been so caught up in all the cleaning and patching and painting at the townhouse, he's hardly gone into the office at all. I think perhaps T. has finally come to realize that John's actually going through with it, and what it's going to be like to run the company without him. He could, and probably should, be afraid...be very afraid.

Which is why, until I see the whites of John's eyes, you'll find me here, chewing my nails.

P.S. Yeah, I know, the picture doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I just had to share it with you. One thing I've been trying to do this week is consolidate all our albums and boxes of loose photos down to the point where they will all fit onto one shelf of my bookcase. I figured, while I was at it, I should at least sort them by where we were living at the time, so that when I need a photo for a particular blog post, I don't have to spend so much time rummaging for it. By chance I happened to see these b&w photos of my hubby around age 4, near the color photos of my son at the same age, and I was just blown away by how much they resembled each other. What cute little imps they were!
Share on :
NAIL-BITING TIME
NAIL-BITING TIME
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5