I HEART AUSTIN RESTAURANT WEEK


Are you tired of reading about all the great restaurants in Austin, and not being able to afford any of them? Wouldn't it be awesome if a dozen or more of them decided to offer you a two week period where you could enjoy a three course meal at any or all of them, for a fraction of what it would normally cost? Well, they did! And you missed it! So solly.

But Lex and I didn't. Thanks to Austin Restaurant Week, we had a sumptuous lunch at The Roaring Fork in downtown Austin yesterday, where she dined on their fresh guacamole appetizer, an amazing BLT made with fried green tomato slices, and a piece of pee-can pie with vanilla bean ice cream. I had a spinach salad with mushrooms and fennel, trout with browned butter and almonds, and an exquisite creme brule. And it only cost us Fifteen. Dollars. Each! You can't beat that with a stick!

Don't worry though. Lucky for you, I'm pretty sure they do it each spring and fall, and for those of you who don't live in the area, I know several other large cities do it as well, just not all at the same time. Better keep checking those websites to see when the next one is, and be sure to put it on your calendar!
Share on :
I HEART AUSTIN RESTAURANT WEEK
I HEART AUSTIN RESTAURANT WEEK
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5