SUNDAY INSPIRATION: AGING PARENTS

So many of my friends are having to deal with aging parents these days, I thought perhaps I should share the best bit of advice I ever received. We once knew a very wise counselor, and I had a discussion with him regarding my mother. As she grew older, she also grew more and more self-absorbed, unable to fathom how her actions might affect those around her. I told him that I was having a hard time dealing with that, since I was raised to believe we must honor and respect our parents. His reply has seen me through many difficulties, and not just the parental ones!

"Parents are a lot like babies. Just because you love your baby,
doesn't mean you have to love their shit." ~ Dr. John Jacobs
Share on :
SUNDAY INSPIRATION: AGING PARENTS
SUNDAY INSPIRATION: AGING PARENTS
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5