GROWING TAKES GRIT!

Trying to grow food requires more guts than I ever anticipated. I was lulled into thinking John had solved the deer problems with his latest motion-sensing gizmo, and was focusing instead on worms and caterpillars. I had tried growing broccoli and cauliflower back in the spring, without much success, but everyone said "Don't worry. It's much easier in fall when it's cooler!" I've also been more proactive with the diatomaceous (sp?) earth this season, keeping everything well sprinkled right from the beginning. Did it help, you ask? Ha!

Earlier this week I went downstairs for my daily tour, and guess what I found? Hoof-prints in the two lower beds, strawberry plants with all their leaves chomped off, Pac Choi popped out of the ground and left to die, and all the broccoli, kale and cauliflower were writhing with little wormy things. Help!
Share on :
GROWING TAKES GRIT!
GROWING TAKES GRIT!
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5