FREDERICKSBURG: A DIFFERENT SORT OF HILL COUNTRY TOWN






My sister was just here for several days, and one thing at the top of her to-do list was to make a trip over to Fredericksburg, a quaint little town just over an hour's drive from here. Fredericksburg has a very different feel from Wimberley, having been settled by German immigrants, and is known for having good food, biergartens, great B&B's, lots of cute shops, a lovely herb farm, and for being home to several good wineries as well as Wildseed Farms.

Driving over there always puts a grin on

my face, because I can't help but be reminded of the first time John and I drove there, after buying this house. That was the trip that finally made me understand why it took Moses so long to find the Promise Land.

Carolyn and I were a tad disappointed to discover that our favorite restaurant (Pasta Bella), Rather Sweet Bakery, Homestead, and Dooley's Five and Dime were all closed, it being a Sunday. In Wimberley, everything closes on Monday or Tuesday, so as not to miss any of that good weekend tourist traffic, but I guess those Germans are more devout than us hippies. Nonetheless, there was still plenty of fun to be had!
Share on :
FREDERICKSBURG: A DIFFERENT SORT OF HILL COUNTRY TOWN
FREDERICKSBURG: A DIFFERENT SORT OF HILL COUNTRY TOWN
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5