ONE THING I LOVE: THE MARKETS

Several people have asked when I am going to write more about the food we ate on this trip.  I promise a post will come soon, but first I need to think about it a bit, figure out how to explain my impressions, why there were certain parts that left me feeling a little let down, while others sent me over the moon.  One thing that met every expectation and more, however, was the markets, or marche's -- both the covered, permanent kind, and the little neighborhood sort that only appear on certain days.  Enjoy!
Veggies
Something made with white beans.
Our favorite asst. program director, Susie, leads us on a tour of Les Halles de Paul Bocuse.  Our son would have loved her -- she speaks German, and she's a total foodie!  She also led a Chi Gong (sp?) session each morning on the boat.
Pate's
The famous Bresse chickens -- red, white and blue to match the French flag.
Honey
Spices and big bowls of special salt blends.
Cheeses
The fish market in Marseilles -- where most everything is still alive.
This fellow was seconds away from making his escape, when John finally caught the attention of the stall attendent, who had been too busy with her I-phone.
Share on :
ONE THING I LOVE: THE MARKETS
ONE THING I LOVE: THE MARKETS
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5