FLIRTING WITH AUTUMN




Oh my, my! Fall is definitely in the air this morning. I slept with the windows open last night, and it was so chilly when I woke up, about 54 F. I think, I actually had the urge to burrow under the covers (you northerners better stop that snickering right now!). It's certainly a far cry from the kicking-off-the-sheets weather of the last few months. Makes me want to get in the kitchen and bake something with cinnamon or nutmeg in it, which reminds me, I roasted my first ever butternut squash last week! I just sliced it in half and scraped out the seeds and strings - just like cleaning a pumpkin, though much easier. Smelled kinda like it too. With a pat of butter in each cavity, and a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg at the end, it was pretty tasty (despite the rather disconcerting shape).

I'm also getting the urge to throw open my closet and start yanking out anything that smacks of summer, but I'm going to do my best to resist that one. Years and years of experience tell me it could easily be back up in the 90's in the blink of an eye.
Share on :
FLIRTING WITH AUTUMN
FLIRTING WITH AUTUMN
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5