Get The Look: American Lakehouse



I do love a good deer bust... and I'm a little taken with wooden boats, timber cladding and the odd boy scout pendant on the wall.  The American Lakehouse look is my current fascination (the New Zealanders do it equally as well mind you).  

The key ingredients for me are the following:
1. A gorgeous house on a lake (obviously!)
2. Deer busts (note the plural) with impressive antlers and an aloof expression
3. Midnight turquoise painted detailing (I adore this colour!)
4. Internal cladding painted white 
5. Rustic wooden floorboards worn smooth from thick-wooly-sock-wearing feet
6. Exposed beams
7. Two cups of piping hot cocoa sitting on the kitchen bench

Close your eyes, conjure the image and take yourself there x
Share on :
Get The Look: American Lakehouse
Get The Look: American Lakehouse
Reviewed by juragan asem
Published :
Rating : 4.5